BillerudKorsnäs is a leading provider of packaging materials and solutions that challenge conventional packaging for a sustainable future. Established in 2012, through the merger of Billerud and Korsnäs, the company pride itself with experience building on more than 150 years in the forestry and paper industry. The company’s expertise, ranging from raw material to consumer insights and environmental concerns, is key for unlocking the potential of paper and packaging solutions, and ultimately, to empower brands and businesses. With customers in over 100 countries, the company has 8 production sites in Sweden, Finland and the UK and about 4300 employees in over 13 countries. BillerudKorsnäs has an annual turnover of about SEK 22 billion and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm
About the job
The Forestry Director is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the forestry strategies with the top management and transferring it into action by providing all wood sourcing, field purchase and cutting operations to provide the pulp and paper production in BillerudKorsnäs with raw material.
The Forestry Director is a member of Sourcing & Technology Leadership Team and reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Sourcing and Technology. The Forestry Director is responsible, in line with the company’s strategy plan, to develop, lead and follow up the activities for the area of Forestry in terms of work environment, quality, costs, environment, organization, policies and goals.
Forestry is organized with a total of 165 FullTime Employees whereof 70 in the Baltics.
About Forestry operations
BillerudKorsnäs is the largest buyer of wood, approximately 10 million m3fub, in Swedish pulp & paper industry. The forestry department supplies the five Swedish Mills with their need of soft- and hardwood. The supply consists of roundwood and chips from sawmills both from domestic and foreign sources.
BillerudKorsnäs acquired Bergvik Öst Skog AB 2019-05-31 with an intention to divest a majority of the shareholding in the company to an investor and partner. 2019-06-22, the Swedish pension fund, AMF signed a contract with the intent to acquire 90% of the shares in BÖ. The transaction is expected to close end of August 2019. The transaction also includes a long term wood sale agreement as well as forestry service agreement with BillerudKorsnäs.
The Forestry Director is responsible for ensuring that the business meets the requirements of:
- The Work Environment Act, the Working Environment Ordinance and the regulations issued pursuant thereto
- The Environmental Code, Regulations and Regulations issued under the Environmental Code
- Other legislation that concerns the business
The Forestry Director:
- Delegates responsibility for the business and its facilities in the line organization
according to the company's delegation scheme.
- Has cost responsibility for the business.
- Has the power to develop the activities of Forestry within the framework of the funds, policies, objectives and guidelines provided by Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer.
- To set overall goals for and allocate funds
- To answer for the prioritization of investments
- To develop and adapt organization, human, process and product to current and future needs and requirements
- To contribute to BillerudKorsnäs overall goals and strategy for the production organization
Your profile and Qualifications
- Background from working with forestry in an international environment for about 10 years after a relevant academic degree.
- Leading a large organisation successfully, attracting and developing people with a strategic mindset combined with a demonstrated ability to plan and execute all actions needed to fulfil the goals of the organization. Provide clarity and direction for people.
- Strong stakeholder management with ability to build trust and support for ideas across the organization.
- Experience from leading change with structured continuous improvement work.
- Ability to provide clarity and direction in an organization of motivated people
- Experience from working in a decentralized organization, ideally worked in both central as well as on divisional level and ability to lead with a customer focus.
- “Self-propelled” with a “Can-do” attitude fertilized with a natural aptitude for leading by example.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
If you are interested in this job position, please send your application to: Gustaf [dot] moberg [at] amrop [dot] com
Last day to apply is july 31, 2019. Selection may occur continuously.
If you want to know more about the job position, you are welcome to contact recruiting manager Ulf Eliasson, Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, at Ulf [dot] Eliasson [at] billerudkorsnas [dot] com.